– 2 servings of cooked fettuccine
– 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
– 1 shallot, minced
– 1 garlic clove, chopped
– 500 ml (2 cups) mushrooms mixed into quarters (white and shiitake)
– 125 ml (½ cup) Domaine Labranche cider
– 125 ml (½ cup) 35% cream
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 pinch ground black pepper
– 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped chives
– 60 ml (¼ cup) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Add the wine and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Add cream, salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add the parsley and mix.
*You can prepare the sauce in advance, let it cool and put it in glass jars. It will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Reheat before serving.